Sunday, August 22, 2010

My Kind of Weekend











This has been a great weekend after a long work week and non-stop commitments last weekend. Saturday morning was spent relaxing on the porch with a cup of tea, then strolling down Main Street, Dickson browsing in the neat little shops after having breakfast at a new diner we didn't know existed until then. Ace Diner, my new favorite place to eat.....we have not spent a day like that in ages and we really enjoyed the slower pace....could this be a taste of what it will be like when I join my husband in retirement and I am not controlled by my employer's clock??? I could get use to ......waking up when I'm finished sleeping, taking my time nursing my cup in the morning while I decide what I will do with the rest of the day.....aaahhhh, yes, I could get use to that. In the meantime I will get up in the morning, go to work and try to make it through another Monday.......I hope no one asks me to make a decision tomorrow because it is Monday and I don't handle Mondays well......

But it isn't Monday yet, so I will take a deep breath and keep it slow for a few more hours.

                                          lake scene from Paris Landing, Tennessee

No comments:

Post a Comment