Saturday, September 4, 2010

Dream Chaser


I read somewhere that when you stop dreaming you die.....well if that is true, I will live forever. What is life if there are no dreams? Dreams are Hope and if there are no Dreams there is no Hope! I have always had dreams; dreams of achievements, dreams for my future, dreams for my children and dreams for my children's future....my dreams keep me motivated, passionate, enthusiastic, in turn I try to encourage motivation, passion and enthusiasm in others, especially my children. My daughter Crystal has always been so positive and focused, but occasionally I have had to remind her of what a wonderful creation she is when she has let herself feel defeated and without purpose.....an entry from my journal describes a time when she was still in high school and struggling with her studies. She had a test coming up and could not grasp the concept of the subject.....feeling defeated she was ready to give up and settle for a failing grade. As I watched her in despair, my early morning journal entry reminded her of who she was....a Child of the King!

November 6, 2002~~~~~Today my heart is heavy with the pain I see in your struggles to learn. I know you have the ability to succeed in your studies, but feel you are selling yourself short. You are smart and intelligent, but often seem to want to be so hard on yourself. Sometimes, we find it easier to give up on something than to overcome it. I know you can accomplish anything you set your heart on, but it takes desire and trust in God to get you through the difficulties you come up against. The Bible tell us in Proverbs 1:7- "The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and instruction." Don't be a fool and turn away from learning, but rather turn to God for the knowledge you need. Then don't expect God to do it all, but have faith the He will open your mind to absorb what He puts before you to learn. Your attitude is the first thing you need to turn over to God because learning starts with the desire and desires begin with the attitude of our heart. In Proverbs 23:12 it says, "Apply your heart to instruction and ears to words of knowledge" and in II Timothy it goes on to tell us, "may the Lord give you understanding in all things." This is my prayer for you, baby girl.....please don't give up and let life pass you by. Don't let these things defeat you and rob you of the vast world of knowledge that God has created for you. Don't let anyone tell you can't!

As my daughter was getting ready for school that morning, I copied what I had written and took it to her room. She got though her test that day and passed....my faith and encouragement in her made her believe in herself, believe in her dreams and believe the future held great things for her......

1 comment:

  1. You are the best mom ever!;-) You have made me who I am today!I love you and just hope I can guide and raise my children as well as you have raised us!

    ReplyDelete