Sunday, September 26, 2010

Mother's Day Tribute-A Poem for My Mama


 
I took down my memories from the shelf today- inside I found my childhood, so neatly tucked away


First thing that I came across was an old familiar face, upon it were reflections of another time and place


Creases of worry I saw buried upon an aging brow- these lines would be erased if I had known what I do now


There were traces of teardrops, some happy and some were sad, but each was a reminder of the love I have always had


I unfolded a pair of hands, worn and withered, yet strong- in comfort they had held me, but when needed, pushed me on


At the bottom of the stack there lay a heart of gold. It contained the strength of many and more love than could be told


Then I slowly placed them back, each precious, treasured part. Again my childhood memories were locked within my heart


Whenever I chance to wander down that old road back in time, the first one that I think of is that dear old mom of mine


Kathy, 1987

No comments:

Post a Comment