Friday, October 15, 2010

What is Your Will Lord?


What is your will for me today, Lord?

This was the question I penned on January 6th, 2008. I have always longed for and sometimes have fit a "quiet time" into my day. My quiet times have been sporadic and intentional over the years, but lately, as I grow older and my body is demanding more rest, I find my time to meditate and listen to that small still voice of my maker is often times only a dream.

As I start my day, I will prepare for the weekend at a ladies retreat. This will be the 2nd annual for the wonderful ladies in my Sunday School Class.

I wonder what the Lord has in store for us this weekend.......a renewal of friendship with fellow believers? Sharing our faith and sharing our struggles? Will there be a need met, a heart healed....only God knows his plans for us.....As in my journal entry in 2008 reflected, the stress of everyday living is so great, I long for the quiet time to "be still and listen". The noise of life is most times so loud,it drowns out the soft faint voice of God. I know it is up to me to discipline myself to find that quiet time in my day to be able to hear what He has to say to me. I pray daily for the time to slow down and really meditate and listen, for I know I am not able to handle the pressures of life without the strength and courage that only comes from God. I can only get that strength by taking time to allow God to renew my spirit~~~~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment